Sunday, February 07, 2010

Getting paid by CVS...

...yes that's right. A while back my friend Heidi introduced me to the idea of couponing. Not just casual Sunday clipping and save 25cents here or there, but where she pairs coupons with sales and other offers, and then pretty much gets paid by the grocery store to take home their products. I would love to have a system in place where I'm saving beaucoups bucks like that and getting things I could really use for practically nothing...and I will hopefully someday soon...look for a post in the future. :)

But in the meantime I'm taking small steps. Heidi specifically told me about the coupon offer for changing a prescription from one pharmacy to another in return for a $30 gift card. I was quite reluctant to do this. Partly because I love Target's pharmacy (and they don't participate in the offer) and partly because I was feeling a little shy. But with the encouragement of Jolon, another couponing friend, I did it. AND, I got $30 giftcard for CVS!!

And with that $30 gift card, we got a new CVS Sonic Toothbrush, originally $50...for only $20, plus we earned 4% cash back credit, or something like that...not really sure what it means...but maybe we'll get another giftcard? I hope so. :)

OH, and to top it all off...we just got another one of those $30 coupon offers for a competitor's store to change a prescription over, and Heidi said that Rite Aid (and hopefully CVS too) will accept the coupon and give you another gift card just so you keep using them as your pharmacy...how sweet is that?

I don't know if any of this made sense...I'm a little too excited about my new toothbrush to think straight right now. :)



p.s. if anyone knows of any coupon blogs that are specific to Arizona grocery stores (Fry's, Safeway, Basha's, or Sunflower) let me know.

2 comments:

Jana's Blog said...

you should connect with my mom, she is the queen of savings and coupons. And i love how excited you are about your new toothbrush!!!

megan said...

some people just know how to save....and i guess you are one of them now!!

oh my. today in target i saw a lady whose cart was heaping with stuff, and in her hands she held a huge stack of online coupons for probably everything in her cart. it's great that a person can save so much money. i guess i need to take the time to search it out too.