Thursday, February 04, 2010

Half Marathon Threats...

I received the following text message from Natalie (Megan's sister) while I was at work today:

"Ok, Megan and I are now registered for the chicago half marathon. And, we decided that unless you respond in the next, lets say, 24 hours, you may find yourself registered as well. :) "

Followed by this email from Megan:


hi abby!

you will never believe what is happening....

i was just innocently checking my email, when i saw that i had been registered for the chicago half marathon. it seems my dear sister is looking out for my health and well-being.

and to think that i was preparing my "back out of half marathon" speech for you, since i so quickly committed without thinking straight.

and if you aren't careful, she is going to register you too!!!!

so, I guess i'm going to see you rain or shine on Sept 12th. that is in exactly 220 days 13 hours 7 minutes and 0 seconds from this moment (so says the race countdown)

love and miss you!

megan


So, I guess I'll be running the Chicago Half Marathon on September 12th!! I did mean it the other week when I said watching Jacob run the Phoenix half marathon inspired me to want to run another...I just didn't realize how quickly I was going to commit myself. :) I guess we should start booking shows in the midwest for that weekend!

Here's Natalie (in purple) and Megan (in green) at the 2008 Chicago Half Marathon!


I've been running while pregnant. My midwife is all about it, given that I wear the following contraption:



It's basically a bra for my belly with some additional back support. Sexy, huh?

4 comments:

Eileen Short said...

Oh that's (the 1/2 marathon) awesome! Love the belly bra (& belly) too. :)

jill said...

i love these pictures...the ultimate sports bra. i just imagine little green enjoying when you're out for a run!

xo,
j

Anonymous said...

we are seriously going to need the ultimate sports bra with our ultimate breastfeeding chests----good times!

love,
megan


ps many thanks nats for give us a gentle nudge! :)

Anonymous said...

LOOK AT YOU!!!!!! :D

~Rache