I had been looking forward to this weekend getaway for months! However, I must admit that I was also a little nervous (and sad) to be away from Ezra overnight for the first time. About an hour or two into the weekend though, I realized that this was definitely something I needed...a weekend with the ladies to refresh my "mama-powers"! :)
We did a lot of sitting, talking, eating good food, reading, knitting, and holding sweet baby Evelyn!
We didn't wipe anyone else's nose, mouth, hands, or butt. We actually even all got to go to the bathroom without any spectators. Take showers that lasted more than 2 minutes. Swim in the pool, like actual swimming without holding onto a child. And wake-up due to our own body's telling us it was time versus a little person telling us "the sun woke up!". I love all those parts of mama-life too, but to have a weekend of just relaxation was awesome! We took turns cooking and washing the dirty dishes. There were times when we were serving, but also lots of times to just sit back and be served. It was refreshing indeed. I think this will become a yearly "habit".
![]() | |||
| Our guest of honor was Melissa who flew in from California to join us for the weekend!! |
Turns out that the weekend was equally good for Ezra and Ryan. They had all sorts of new games to show me, most of which involved flying over the couch, throwing balls, and jumping off the couch. :)




2 comments:
Yay for girl time! Amazing how refreshing it is, right?
I was worried too that I'd have a hard time...and felt a little bit guilty for how much I loved time away. :)
Sounds like it was a great time away! I just had my first evening out with a bunch of girls (and no babes) since Auggie was born. It was fabulous! Oh, and you and your belly look great!
Post a Comment