The Cons:
For a while I felt like I was wasting time on a daily basis just reading updates, etc. But somehow I got to a place where I only go on when I'm emailed a message, friend request, etc...and I don't feel so drawn to it.
Another con was that I was getting Ryanhood fans requesting to be friends, and I didn't know what to do about it. But, with the new year I've decided to just "de-friend" them, and ignore any future requests.
The Pros:
Getting to hear little updates from friends who I otherwise wouldn't be in touch with.
And, along with that pro...a friend that I haven't seen in at least 12 years (TWELVE YEARS) and I got together for lunch last Thursday while she was in town visiting her dad. And, yes I do have to thank Facebook for this reunion as we probably wouldn't have been in touch otherwise...and we certainly wouldn't have known each other would be in Tucson.
Jolon and I went to elementary, middle, and high school together, spent many afternoons rollerblading around our neighborhood (she was way better than me!) and dreaming up how we'd make a difference in the world. Seeing each other and getting acquainted with who we are now was so nice and refreshing. She has a very cool blog that everyone should check out about saving money (she'll even email you the coupons in one concise emails if you sign up for it on the blog). The deals are specifically focused on stores in west Michigan, but some are universal (well, I guess universal might be an exaggeration, but at least national).
3 comments:
Jolon looks great!
Lil Green is definitely growing:)
that is great that you were able to get together with such a good, long ago friend!!
her blog was very inspiring...maybe i should try to be just a bit more frugal
and you, of course, look lovely!
love,
megan
I just became an official follower of your blog but don't really know what that means. Sounds like your relationship with FB is a healthy one. I get sucked in and then sometimes want to break up for good! Balance is key :)
Love,
Mira
Post a Comment