Saturday, February 06, 2010

More baby craftin'...

Living amongst the animals, surrounded by the desert, and flooded with lots of sunlight...I've been quite creatively inspired the past few days.

My favorite two rooms of the house are the kitchen:


And my bedroom/studio:


Preferably with all of the doors and windows in the house wide open to let in lots of fresh air and sunlight. The temperatures have been quite warm (unseasonably?) and I'm loving it!

Here's a little peak at what I've been creating...

A few bibs made out of scrap fabric on one side and an old towel on the other so they can double as a washcloth after meal times.

A receiving blanket.

And, a little washcloth (I don't know if I can really say that I "made" this...I just cut up an old towel and serged around the edges.



A couple more bamboo velour diapers...this time with decorative jersey knit on the outside:



And, the kimono top to go with the owl pants in my previous post...I wish I had the pants here with me so I could show it together as an outfit, but instead I'll just post both photos:



I had originally thought I'd applique the top with part of the pants material to bring it all together, like this...

or this...


But in the end, I liked the plain best. :)

Oh, and I've been making lots and lots of sandwich & snack bags, here is a small sampling...

more here.

Happy Weekend to you!

6 comments:

Heidi said...

Girl, you are so industrious! I love it all!

Anonymous said...

The knit covered diapers go for $24.00 @ HopScotch!!!!!!!!!!!

Great work.
Love, Mom

jill + oakley said...

you are incredible---look at all the stuff you are crafting for little green!

xo,
j

Jana's Blog said...

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love the PEACE diapers.

megan said...

wow abby! everything looks amazing! i would just be so overwhelmed to even begin thinking about making diapers. yours turn out so beautifully!

Anonymous said...

Baby Green is going to be ONE of a kind :-)
Did you make the large receiving blanket that also work as swaddlers?
Blanca