Tuesday, February 09, 2010

To baby with love...

I have finally completed my first knitting project!! After having picked up and put down knitting needles several times over the past 5 years, and never completing a project, I decided I needed to find a project I really cared a lot about. For some reason washcloths and scarves just didn't do it for me since I could much more easily crochet them and not have to count any stitches. When I began researching various cloth diaper options I came across wool diaper covers. Not only are the cute and made from natural materials, they are also cooler on baby's bum for wear in warm environments, naturally anti-bacterial, as well as waterproof. That sounded like a perfect fit for our family in hot and sticky Arizona!

(Please pretend not to notice that the left leg hole is smaller than the right...I have thought about taking out the right and re-doing it, but to be honest, I am just too happy to be done to think about that right now...it's a small enough cover that the baby won't be squirming around too much yet, so two leg hole sizes will work just fine...I hope!)

3 comments:

Eileen Short said...

Love em! Very impressed.

megan said...

good job finishing it! and of course, it turned out perfectly!

Kristin said...

beautiful! is this the newborn size? I have yarn to make a cover- which size should I make? :)