Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Vital.

Yesterday I went to visit our friends that are from Congo. They have a little guy who is 2 years old, Vital. He doesn't talk too much yet, probably the result of being raised tri-lingual...which will have many benefits ahead of him!
Anyway, I think this was the first time when he really realized how big my stomach has gotten. He went and got a basketball and put it on the couch next to me and just kept pointing from the basketball to my tummy, and then back to the basketball. Then he realized my tummy would make a great ramp for the basketball, so he would put the ball at the top of my tummy and let it roll down onto the ground (over and over and over again...)...it was hilarious. However, his grandma didn't think so and she made him stop, afraid that he was going to hurt the baby. So next Vital, just climbed up on the couch, cuddled next to me and slipped his little hand under my shirt to rest on my tummy and feel the baby for the rest of our visit. It was absolutely priceless..I wish I would have had my camera, or a video camera...

Here is a photo of Vital from several months ago...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too cute! Shortly you and Ryan will have your own cutie:)
Love,Mom

Anonymous said...

WOW, can a two year old make those connections? that was so sweet!
Blanca

Jana's Blog said...

i think my heart skipped a beat...

megan said...

precious boy. aren't you always so amazed by the genuine, uninhibited, loving actions of children?! if we adults could only learn...

Orla said...

Hi Abby! Hope all is well! Not much longer until baby green is here - I can't wait! Hope all is well! Much love to you and Ryan!

Orla