The evening of my 31st birthday, I announced to some friends that I wanted to start going by Abigail, but didn't know how to go about the change. In the end we decided that I would introduce myself as Abigail from here on out to people, so that new people would call me Abigail, while those that already know me as Abby can continue to just call me Abby.
There is no real reason for the change, other than I really like the name Abigail. And, a good friend of ours is also named Abby, so it can help alleviate confusion when we are hanging out in a group.
I won't lie, I still feel like an impostor when I introduce myself as Abigail, and kind of chuckle every time someone actually calls me Abigail...but perhaps overtime it will start to feel natural.
3 comments:
Sorry you will always be Abs to me. Love, Nik
You should maybe change your profile info so each post says it is posted by "Abigail Green" instead of Abby Green. :) -Kristy
Duly noted, Abigail Green... I won't forget! :)
Post a Comment