Sunday, May 15, 2011

toddler!!?!?

I know that the fact that Ezra now walks puts him in the "toddler" category. But, I can still see the "baby" in him.

He still has that pug nose. Chubby cheeks. Distended belly. Reversed knuckle dimples. He loves to nurse first thing when he wakes up (and pretty much every 30 minutes to 2 hours throughout the day :).

He loves to feed himself at the table, and considering he only has one tooth, he is pretty darn good at handling "finger foods" that require a lot of gumming. I recently discovered that he LOVES to eat watermelon. Especially if it's off the rind. So, we have been eating a lot of watermelon around here. And, what is cuter than watching a (ahem) toddler eat watermelon straight off the rind? Juice dripping off the elbows and down the belly. Seeds stuck to his face and neck.

It wasn't until I saw these photos on my computer though that I thought, "WOW, he doesn't look like a baby anymore. He is a toddler!!" I was very sad for a moment, but then I realized how much fun toddlerhood has already brought us, and how this journey of parenthood just keeps getting better and better.


1 comment:

Stephanie said...

He's a cutie!

Our girls both love watermelon too. It's a favorite summertime fruit for us.

stephanie@metropolitanmama.net