Saturday, May 09, 2009

Home Sweet Home!

I don't know how it always seems to happen, but when Ryan is gone for several days at a time...I tend to allow our house to get a little out of hand. I laughed when I stopped to really look at the kitchen counter the other day before I decided it was time to clean up a little before my man returned home...

I don't know if you can see it in the photo, but my wallet is in a bowl that has crusted yogurt in it from leaving it in the car after eating breakfast on my drive to work. My shoes are on the counter, along with my work clothes, mail from the past several days, and who knows what else.

While Ryan was up in the White Mountains, I did get a little craftin' in!
Coasters for my mom's belated birthday...

A mother's bracelet that Ryan's aunt special ordered...


Ryan was only gone for 2 days this past time, but I still missed him like crazy! Have no fear though, we got down to playing a game of scrabble as soon as he returned...while having a listening party to the new St. Vincent record that is. :)



Summer is officially here in Tucson...it has been 100+ for the past 4 days and shows no sign of cooling off. One positive thing that comes along with that (and the dry heat), is that I can even hang my laundry out to dry at night and its still dry in less than an hour!

2 comments:

The Wallenfangs said...

life just gets in the way of housekeeping, doesn't it?!?!

beautiful coasters, and the bracelet is amazing!

i'm glad that ryan is back again!

JohnO said...

Oh Man I can't wait to get stuck into some of that scrabble when I come visit!!! Will be in touch in a week or so to make plans. School's crazy at the moment!!