We joke about how much we have in common...and in fact, I have just started to assume that if I have a weird quirk, she probably does too.
i.e. the other day I was at her house thawing meat to make lasagna and I asked her, "did you ever say 'dethaw' instead of 'defrost'"? Yup, she did. Me too.
We both blame it on the fact that our moms happen to mispronounce/mis-say a lot of words and we have just absorbed their pronunciation. For example I also say, "resignate" instead of "resonate"...not sure I can blame my mom on that one though...(mom, do you add a "g" to that word too??)...
Both of our moms do massage therapy.
We both grew up not knowing much about pop culture in terms of music.
Our husbands have to fill us in on the latest news happenings going on locally and around the world.
We have brothers who are in similar situations.
We both like to...
...run
...sew
...camp
...get bountiful baskets
...try making all things from scratch, including deodorant
...be frugal and scour the town for good deals
...utilize the public library for all sorts of media
...yada yada yada...
Having boys just 3 weeks apart has been super fun. Their nap schedules seem to line up almost perfectly so that on a moment's notice we can get together for a short bit in the early morning or late afternoon.
Here they are in the early morning eating breakfast. It was pretty darn cute. They were taking turns feeding each other with their spoons. And then it switched to just eating out of each other's bowls.
And here they are practicing the rhythm section of their band with shakers. I think Owen is going with the standard style of holding a shaker, whereas Ezra has chosen the flap-your-arms-like-a-bird approach.
And...here they are finger (body?) painting...
Last weekend Ryan, Ezra, and I got together with his mom and a her friend from her birthing class and her daughter (Laura) who is just a couple of weeks younger than Ryan...and her daughter who is just a couple of months younger than Ezra. They brought photos of Ryan and Laura from when they were toddlers that were hilarious to look at. It's fun to think that in 30 years Ezra and Owen might have kids and we'll all be hanging out looking back at these photos.
2 comments:
The funny thing about mispronouncing words for me, I don't realize I'm mis-saying it.
In a meeting my old boss kept correcting me in a meeting and I thought she was re-emphizing the word =) She inform in private how she was trying to help me - ooops it didn't work. I know teacher that stills says kinnygarten. That was the 1st year of education in the 50's.
Wait. You make your own deodorant? That deserves a post in itself. I have the hardest time finding GOOD deodorant.
Also - Oh, how I miss the library!
stephanie@metropolitanmama.net
Post a Comment