I used to think I wanted to have a baby who would go to anyone...
...that was before I was a mom and realized the importance of attachment.
I used to think I wanted to have a date night once a week...
...that was before I was a mom and realized babies go to bed early and we can have a date night every night!
I used to think babies slept through the night starting at just a few weeks old...
...that was before I was a mom and realized babies need to know their mama is close by even at night.
I used to think I wouldn't give our baby food in the car (just to keep the car clean)...
...that was before I was a mom and realized food is a great pacifier (ummm...I mean a great way to practice fine motor skills :).
I used to have a clean house...
...that was before I was a mom and had a baby to play and snuggle with all day.
I used to think homeschooling was dorky...
...that was before I was a mom and realized that I wanted to have more time than their teacher with my child.
I used to think a strong willed child wasn't a good thing...
...that was before I was a mom and realized that strong willed people are the ones that make a difference in the world.
I used to think 9 to 5 jobs were annoying and in the way of living life...
...I still do.
4 comments:
I am actually very happy that my baby goes to anyone, because I'd get tired of holding her all the time. Sometimes I just don't want to be touched! But it's still nice to know that when she's a little sleepy or a little sad she always wants her mommy first. :)
And I'm still so jealous of the nightly date nights. For reals.
abby and ryan- you are both such amazing parents! i love how much you KNOW ezra and COMMUNICATE with him. you don't just simply care for his needs, but seek to understand what he is thinking and feeling.
thanks for so eloquently speaking the deepest passions of your heart.
love,
megan
You have such a great Mama heart... and have since long before Ezra... :)
I agree - with everything you said.
P.S. I don't know how parents do the "no food in the car" thing! Snacks are such a great distractor on road trips - across the city or across the country! ;)
stephanie@metropolitanmama.net
Post a Comment