Saturday, May 09, 2009
Sunset on Blackett's Ridge!
On Friday night my friend Meg and I hiked Blackett's Ridge in Sabino Canyon at sunset. It was a gorgeous hike with the saguaros just getting ready to bloom, the sun setting beautifully in the west, as the full moon rose over the east mountains! The light of the moon was bright enough to light the trail for us the entire way down (although I did turn on the flash light a few times to assure that it was a root instead of a rattlesnake on the path). It's pretty amazing to have such wonderful adventures so close to home, and wonderful friends to share them with! I'm glad that I'm spending more time in the outdoor beauty of Tucson and falling more and more in love with "home".


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
what an incredible sight! the whole earth is filled with wonders, no matter where we are...i guess we just have to soak it all in wherever we are!
Post a Comment