Last weekend Ezra and I boarded our Southwest Flight for Chicago. Can I just take a moment and tell you how much I love Southwest? I do. They are truly my favorite airline. I like that they check bags for free, don't count carseats and strollers as luggage, and they give you lots of free snacks. But, what I truly love about them is how friendly the flight attendants always are! It makes such a huge difference to be surrounded by people who want to be helpful and seem happy with their job.
Onto Chicago. We had a very fun reunion with Megan, Kerry, and Natalie (roommates/friends from Albion)! Our first night we had a ravioli party...handmade ravioli by Natalie to carb up on. Sooo delicious. My favorite was the spinach and goat cheese ravioli. Yum!
Sunday morning was the "big run". The weather was gorgeous (low 70's would be my guess). Somehow I was able to have one of those running days where I just felt great. That, and I was afraid that if I started to walk I would never start running again...so I somehow ran the whole thing even though I haven't ran anything further than 6 miles in well over a year. I finished in 2:04, so I was quite happy with my time, especially since going into it I really didn't think I'd be able to run it in under 2:30.
The rest of Sunday was nice and relaxing. And then on Monday we went to the Lincoln Park Zoo. It was such a wonderful weekend with friends. I wish we all lived closer to one another!
4 comments:
So proud of you!
Love, Mom
Great update...ran the whole way...that's incredible!!
You are impressive. I don't think I could run a mile if a bear was chasing me, let alone a half marathon! Awesome!! :)
You are awesome!
I assume from the way you are writing that this wasn't your 1st 1/2 marathon?
stephanie@metropolitanmama.net
Post a Comment