Sunday, September 26, 2010

Swap Meet!

Last weekend we went to the Swap Meet for the first time. When I told people earlier in the day that I was going to the swap meet and that I had never been before, I was often greeted with one of the following responses:

"You've never been to the Swap Meet?" (said with a look of disbelievement and disgust)
"You are going to love it!"
"That is one colorful place."
"The swap meet is where Mexicans go for fun." (Said by a latina woman, just so you know there was no racism in her tone.)
"You can buy everything at the swap meet."

It was definitely a fun evening. We didn't buy anything, but then again you know us..we never buy anything. We're too cheap for even the swap meet. :)

It's definitely true that they have the largest selection of various items that I've ever seen in one shopping experience.
-shower curtains
-carseats
-type writers
-underwear
-beds
-shoes
-cell phones
-mangoes
-brooms
-bikes
-(insert what you've always been looking for, but never knew where to find it...)

Joel on the search for a new hat...


I love that they differentiate between "bikini" and "bigkini"...


Lots of laughs! Blanca is due at the end of October. Ezra's new thing is to chew on my water bottle top. I don't think he has the skills yet to bite/suck at the same time to get water out of my camelbak water bottle...or does he?

3 comments:

How Jess Reads said...

Eleanor does the exact same thing with my camelbak bottle!! I'm not sure if I should encourage it though, because I feel this might lead to an attempted bite/suck combo while nursing...which could be really bad for me. :)

Anonymous said...

GR has a free swap.
People bring items they no longer want and take home items they like. All free. Love. Mom

Stephanie said...

I've never been to the swap meet either!

P.S. Tim & I are the exact same way - we never buy anything when we're out and about. ;)

stephanie@metropolitanmama.net