Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Family Reunion Part II

I still have more photos to post from when we were in Michigan...I just got ahead of myself for a while there and decided to post about more current happenings around here...

While we were in Michigan we also got to attend the family reunion on my mom's side. I think it has been at least 10 if not 15 years since I was last at one of these reunions! My mom's cousin bought my great grandparents house several years ago, and ever since then, that is where the reunion is located. In Shelby, Michigan on their farm...surrounded by lots and lots of woods. My great grandparents were Mennonite, and while I only ever met my great-grandma (she died when I was in 3rd grade) I feel like I have lots of visuals of who they were. My great-grandma in her prayer cap and my great-grandpa in his suspenders (did he even where suspenders?? I don't really know).

Grandpa Echelbarger and Haleigh...


Emma and Lizzy...


Ryan, Ezra, Lydia, and Alyssa...


Going on a nature walk...


The warming hut (a stop off on our nature walk)...


Ezra was pretty into the grass...let's hope he's not as allergic to it as his dad is!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Great Grandpa did wear black suspenders. Working out in the orchards he would a cap similar to a baseball cap. On Sundays he would wear a wide rimmed black hat like the Amish.


Your other Great Grandpa who was a carpenter also wore suspenders.
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

That's so awesome you have family reunions. I don't think my families would ever do that.

Ezra has Ryan's eyes from the pics I see...what a cute kid!

~Rache

Eileen Short said...

Love the picture of you and Lydia!! :)