Dominic (18 months old now!!) calls Ezra "Ez-ray"...and Ryan and I have picked up on it too.
I woke up at 6am this morning and realized that Ezra hadn't woken up at all to eat throughout the night. A rare thing indeed. However instead of feeling like, "wow, this is great!", I immediately realized something didn't seem quite right. I tried to wake him up to feed him, but he was too groggy to latch on. I then sat up with him to see if that would help, and he still just couldn't seem to latch on. I moved him to hold him upright and he started throwing up all over the place. He still seemed tired though, so I laid him back down, and he just kept throwing up. So sad. I remember my mom saying when I was little and sick that she wished there was something she could do to make me feel better. I know what she means now. It's so sad to see your lil' one sick! I handed Ezra to Ryan, and he just laid in Ryan's arms totally limp and lethargic. I called the pediatrician and he said to give Ezra some pedialite in a bottle. Tried that. He threw it all back up. He's nursed for about 2-3 minutes total in the past 12 hours, but somehow he is seeming a bit more smiley and himself. He's sound asleep now, and I'm hoping that when he wakes up he will be ready to eat a little bit more.
2 comments:
oh poor little e. hope he's on the mend.
thinking of you.
xoxox,
j
although im sad to hear he is sick, im glad to hear im not the only one with a nickname! hope hes feeling better. xo, jana (janice, jani, and on)
Post a Comment