Yesterday morning I woke up at 5:15am (!!) to run the annual Labor Day run at Saguaro National Park. 5:15am is early. It is especially early when you feed a baby on demand throughout the night. And, it just so happened that Ezra was especially hungry/wanted to be close to mom throughout the eve of Labor Day. I think he ate at 12am, 3:30am, 3:45am (just needed extra cuddling), and then 4:50am. And yes, I did go back to sleep after the 4:50am feeding for all of the 13 minutes before my alarm went off at 5:15am.
But, sleep deprivation didn't slow me down somehow. In fact, I ran my best 5k time in a few years. That's not really saying all too much for me considering I haven't been the most consistent in my running/training since moving to Arizona. I finished at 25:56 (my watch time) or 26:00 (official clock time). That put me at 32nd overall out of 292 runners. And, 1st for my age group. Yup, I'm now officially in the 30-34 age group so I have no college kids to compete against. Gotta love it. :) Oh, what did I win you ask? A snazzy water bottle.
Next weekend I'm signed up to run the Chicago Half Marathon. I don't think I'm going to fair as well in that race. So far my longest run has been 6 miles. Please pray that I finish. :)
7 comments:
What is the distance of a 1/2 Marathon for us wannabe runners?
Love, MOM
13.1 miles. :)
WOW!!!!
5K is more my speed.
Love, Mom
You are so fast. I could only dream of your watch/clock time! Best of luck in the half :)
Way to go! I'm sure you'll do awesome in Chicago. Good company(I'm guessing you're running with Natalie?) and adrenaline go a long way! Send my regards to the Windy City.
You're amazing!! Congratulations on your 5k time AND being the 1st in your age group!
Good luck in the 1/2 marathon...say hi to my city for me. ;-)
Abby
25:56 - you are SPEEDY!
I'm embarrassed to admit that I completely lost my running groove this summer. I'm impressed that you pressed forward, despite the 90-100+ degree temps.
I hope to pick it up again soon...
stephanie@metropolitanmama.net
Post a Comment